Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AI and me

By Uduma Kalu 

My biggest interest in Artificial Intelligence was aroused after watching an Indian movie, The Robot on my laptop some five years. It would influence my collection of poems, Life Sentence. The book a futuristic dominance of AI. It seems that future is already here.
The movie was about a scientist that created a robot as part of his research. The robot was to be a superhero saving mankind from disaster. With artificial intelligence gadgets implanted in it, the robot could help out with almost everything, including writing exams, delivering babies, fighting terrorists, keeping company, performing domestic chores, among others such as sharing romance. It could feel.
However, the twist in the tale was an ambitious man that stole the secrets, the AI components of the robots, for personal greed. He lied to the government he wanted to duplicate the robot a million times to create robot soldiers, thereby ending human soldiers. But he was creating his own army. He was eventually stopped.
When I saw the robot performing the delivery of a child with precision in the movie, I remembered the a documentary on the sunk Titanic. Today, robots are used in the medical field, including child delivery. On the titamic expenditure, a robot was sent down to the end of the ocean to take pictures of the sunk ship.
Today, robots are sent to space for pictures of the universe. They are believed to give accurate images of the places they snap. With the use of AI, human beings have gained deeper insight into the worlds of outer space.
AI has been helpful to Elon Musk's space explorations. Late space exploration starters like India and China have with AI achieved in a short time what took other advanced nations decades. AI has indeed contracted time and space for man in real time solutions of his problems in almost every field.
This is very true for the researcher, be he an academic or journalist. As a researcher, AI has helped me to access materials I could hardly get even on Google. For example, some essays domiciled in extinct journals or books can easily pop up on my Al search.
Through interactive chat, AI has explained to me some hard questions I had been finding answers to.
Actually, I discovered AI by accident. A blogger had told me of her search on AI in the 'onugwe', the blue or indigo towel the Ohafia warriors tied across their loins as part of their costumes.
According to the lady, AI told her the onugwe was made in Ohafia.
I have never seen the onugwe produced anywhere in Ohafia, even though I am from there. Maybe, somewhere in the different Ohafia towns, the onugwe was being produced, I told myself.
But the AI information was refreshing to me. Google could not give me that, even though I prided myself as one of the most ardent and versatile users of the search engine as scholar and journalist. It showed me that the mainstream search engines were on their out. The future is AI.
This is where I am today. Most of what I do today on AI are self taught. It is like a blind person bumbling in his journey of discovery. I am still discovering AI. For example, I didn't know how to use the AI to generate images. I have been paying hugely for book illustrations. But one day, my toes punched the keys of my phone. Then AI an image appeared. I was surprised because AI once told me it couldn't give me pictures. I checked the message that made it genrate the image. I saw thst key words must be used to achieve AI images. I am still learning this and others. I need special training to perfect in this.
In fact, I need so much training different from the others I received earlier in. For example, I need to know how to filter out false information from my AI information.
Many a times I have discovered that my AI misled me with information it provided even with bibliographies, only for it to deny it late, causing me much embarrassment since I must have published the material. I need to know copyright issues, how to use the AI to write and still be original, etc.
I need to know other secrets on how to use for many things with AI, including news and authentication of news.
It is very important in enriching my stories but it is also a bad reference tool as I have said before.
It is a very important tool today for every journalist. It teaches you what you may find difficult to get a teacher. It gives background information. It gives details to enrich your materials. It provides enough data. It saves time.
But it is not a good writer. In fact, that is what I have discovered... How to enhance efficiency of my AI. I am told the more I train my AI, the better it gets.
How do I make my AI work efficiently for me? For me, I am very clumsy at it. And I am told that the more clumsy you are on your AI, the clumsier your AI.
That is why I need your training in AI.
Thank you.
Uduma Kalu 

Post a Comment

0 Comments